Nothing says spring to me quite like a radish.
I know, that’s a little weird, but it makes sense when you live in a place like San Diego that has zero seasons. So, I track the ‘seasons’ based on what vegetables I can eat. Plus radishes are delicious!
Anyway, this roasted dish has been on repeat for the last month. It’s quick, easy, and tasty. What more do you need? It’s the perfect side dish for a lazy meal prep day and let’s face it, sometimes you just need something fast and easy.
- 2 bunches of radishes, chopped in half
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 bunch green onions or scallions, chopped
- 1 cup turnip, peeled and chopped in pieces*
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
* Can also use fingerling potatoes, parsnips, or rutabagas
- Pre-heat oven to 370 degrees
- Line a baking dish with foil and scatter all vegetables in the dish
- Pour a little EVOO and squeeze lemon juice over everything
- Season with salt and pepper
- Mix ingredients with your hands until everything is coated in the lemon juice and oil
- Roast for 20-25 minutes
- Gobble that ish up!