Trish's Podcast Bio
Today’s guest is Trish DaCosta. Trish runs BarbellPilates.com, where she helps busy women in their 30s build strength and resiliency through a hybrid approach of strength training and Pilates.
After years of excessive cardio and two-a-day workouts, Trish turned to strength training and Pilates to rehab multiple injuries and improve performance.
Today, she coaches and teaches Pilates in-person and online to empower other women to live a life that is enhanced by fitness rather than run by it.
Trish has written for publications like STRONG Fitness Magazine and been quoted or featured in a variety of national and fitness publications including Women's Health, About.com, and BUSTLE.
- How injury or setbacks can enable women to get more out of their fitness
- How can weight training and Pilates create a resilient and pain-free body
- What "toning up" actually means and how women can achieve their goals without beating their bodies up with exercise
- Becoming your own health advocate for long-lasting health and durability
Potential Interview Questions
- How do you approach training with women who "just" want to lose weight/tone up or think that lifting weights will make them bulky?
- Why do women in particular need Pilates in their 30s?
- What mistakes do women make in their training that prevents or stalls progress in their 30s?
- How can weight lifters use Pilates in a strategic way to improve mobility without adding more hours of exercise?
- How can people who work 9-to-5 desk jobs make movement a priority in their lives without giving up their entire lives for the gym?