There are three things in this world that I like to binge on:
- Netflix’s Narcos (all seasons, thankyouverymuch)
- Almond butter
The third one in particular, is where I get to geek out on a variety of topics, so I was honored when my good friend Steph Gaudreau (formerly of Stupid Easy Paleo), brought me in to speak on her podcast Harder to Kill Radio.
At this point, we know that mobility, recovering, breathing, and stretching are necessary parts of our fitness routine. The hard part, however, is integrating it into our lives without devoting more hours at the gym. Women especially can benefit from Pilates as a complementary tool to lifting weights for a variety of reasons, and we discuss that and more in this episode.
Also in this episode:
- Debunking misunderstandings around movement, Pilates, and weight lifting
- Understanding the different benefits from each
- The psychological impact of growing older and adjusting to your new body
- Why cutting back on exercise may actually get you better results
- The differences in women’s bodies that require a slightly different take on training
Photo credit: Justin Nunez Media, Post credit: StephGaudreau.com and Harder To Kill Radio
You may also want to check out:
- The Pilates for Lifters course, Pilates FloWOD
- Subscribe to Harder to Kill Radio
- Download the #MeatheadPilates Body Guide